One of the most common syndromes that affect the female reproductive system is Polycystic ovarian disease. A lot of women are ignorant and suffer in silence while neglecting their health in spite of experiencing the symptoms of PCOD. This is a matter of utmost concern. It is therefore essential to identify the symptoms and bring about lifestyle changes in order to maintain good reproductive health.
Symptoms of PCOD:
- No periods or heavy, irregular menstrual bleeding.
- Hair loss from the scalp
- Hair growth on the face, chest, back, stomach, thumbs, or toes.
- Acne and oily skin
- Fatigue and low energy level.
- Muscles and bone enlargement
- Abdominal bloating
- Blood pressure
- Blood sugar level imbalance
- Development of skin tags and darkened patches of skin
- Overweight or abdominal part bigger or can be slim – no fix body type but chances of obesity is higher.
Causes of PCOD:
It can start with the reproductive age that is the first menstrual period.
- Stress & strain
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Parental or family history
Tips to control PCOD:
- Drink more water.
- Eat fresh fruits, vegetables and salad.
- Avoid junk, fast and processed foods
- Avoid milk
- Avoid coffee and alcohol.
- Do exercise, yoga and brisk walk
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Diet for PCOD
- Take soup once a day
- Eat two green vegetables.
- Eat multi grain atta Roti
- Eat Lobia, chana, rajma, pulses etc. for protein
- Protein can be taken in the form of Dal or
- Eat low-calorie snack like basan chana, fruits, makhani etc.
- In breakfast eat Oats, wheat flakes, Cornflakes with low-fat Milk.
- Take balanced and healthy diet
- Eat fibre like bran, barley,
- Avoid more sugary and carbonated drinks
- Eat fresh fruits and fresh vegetables.
- Vitamin B6 helps to maintain hormone balance and good to control PCOD.
- Vitamins B2, B3, B5 and B6 are good in controlling weight.
- Use apple cider vinegar.
Treatment for PCOS / PCOD from Yoga:
- Anulom Vilom: Mind refreshing
- Bhramri Pranayama: Good for controlling mood swings.
- Meditation: Gives calming effect.
- Butterfly pose: Supports pelvic area and relieve menstrual discomfort.
- Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar): Gives flexibility, control hormonal imbalance and in weight control.
Jasleen is helping people realise the importance of good health and helping them attain it. It is extremely crucial that we respect our body and make necessary lifestyle changes. In order to enjoy life, we need to have good health. Undoubtedly, we should always remember and never forget, that Health is Wealth.