Thyroid Disorders, in today’s progressive world, is increasing rapidly among people around the world. Under an estimated evaluation, women are more prone to Thyroid Disorders than men. Despite its increasing rate, awareness among the people is very less. Hence, here we have come up with the details about each aspect of Thyroid Disorders and how to tackle them.
What is thyroid?
Thyroid is the name of a gland located in our throat. The Thyroid gland creates hormones called thyroxine, which regulates sensitivity towards our body’s essential energy decay, protein production and other hormones. Apart from this, the thyroid gland is also used to control many types of metabolic processes. It is made in two parts on both sides of the breath tube and the vocal tube in the neck. Its size is like a butterfly.
Due to the imbalance of hormones called thyroxine, the problem of thyroid arises. Increase and decrease of thyroid hormone from the normal range is the cause of this disease. If the hormones start to subside, your body’s metabolism speeds up and your energy is spent very quickly. If increased, the body’s metabolism process becomes slow. In this way energy decreases in the body and fatigue and sluggishness gets triggered.
Types of thyroid , there are mainly two types of thyroid problem found in thyroid patients.
Production of thyroxine more than necessary leads to hyperthyroidism.
Production of thyroxine less than necessary leads to hypothyroidism.
Causes of thyroid disorder
There may be several causes of thyroid disorders. Some being –
- Thyroiditis: – This is just an increased thyroid gland, in which the ability to make thyroid hormones decreases.
- Hypothalamic Disease: -The problem of the thyroid can also be due to the pituitary gland, when it fails to indicate the thyroid gland to produce hormones.
- Radiation Therapy: It could also occur as a result of radiation therapy of the heart, neck and chest, or tumors, lymph nodes, thymus gland problem or acne.
- Consumption of more drugs: – Consumption of unnecessary medicines, such as capsules, powders and soya protein, can also cause thyroid problems.
- Iodine deficiency: -Salt is a major source of iodine. If we do not use or reduce iodized salt in our diet thyroid problems may arise.
- Worry or stress: – This is absolutely true, if you are increasing the level of stress by worrying about worthless matters, it has a negative effect on your thyroid gland, so negative that the hormones start to overflow.
- Graves ‘disease: -Graves’ disease is a type of autoimmune problem that causes the thyroid gland to produce excessive amount of hormones. Graves’ disease is often the underlying cause of hyperthyroidism. The biggest cause of thyroid in women is graves’ disease.
- Genetic: – Having thyroid may also be genetic, i.e., if you have a family member who had this before you, you may also have the possibility of having a thyroid disorder.
As we mentioned earlier thyroid is of two types. Let’s learn about symptoms related to both the types of thyroid.
Symptoms of hyperthyroidism
– Hair loss.
– Shaking of hands
– Feeling more heat and sweating.
– Loss of weight
– Itching and redness of the skin
– Increased heartbeats
– Feeling weakness and many more.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
– Swelling of face
– Drying skin
– Sudden increase in weight
– Fatigue and sluggishness
– Lack of sweating in the body.
– Reduced heart rate
– Being irregular or over-menstrual.
– Constipation etc.
- Physiology: –
In the physiologic process, thyroid enhancer hormones T-3 and T4 are examined
- Screening process: –
Through this process, it is detected whether the problem of thyroid is from childhood or not. Diabetic patients are diagnosed only through screening.
- TFT: –
The third method of testing thyroid is TFT. Through this method it is ascertained that the patient has hyperthyroid or hypothyroidism.
Thyroid Treatment through home remedies
- Ginger :-
Ginger is the ‘ram-baan’ medicine for thyroid, it is very helpful in eliminating the anti-inflammatory properties and potassium, magnesium etc. are very helpful in curing thyroid problem.
- Black pepper :-
Black pepper is capable of controlling both weight issues and hypothyroid. In black pepper, abundance of chemicals called Pepperine is found. Those who have hypothyroid problem must consume 7 smashed black pepper once in a day continuously for 15 days to see positive results.
- Cinnamon and onion juice: –
Take 25 grams of pure cinnamon, as bitter as good it is. Make a powder by grinding it and mix a pinch of the powder with onion juice. This will make the thyroid normal by consuming it before having food in the morning for 21 days.
- Pearl Millet(bajra) and sorghum(jowar) flour: –
With 5 kg of flour, 1 kg of millet flour and one kilogram of jowar flour mixed together, you can get relief from this disease by eating chapati made from this flour.
- Iodine: –
Apart from the problem due to autoimmune causes, the lack of iodine in most patients is the root cause of thyroid problem, although due to iodized salt and processed foods this issue has largely controlled the problem arising from iodine deficiency.
- Selenium: –
Selenium is found in high concentrations in the thyroid gland, it is also called thyroid-super-nutrient, it is a major ingredient of most enzymes associated with thyroid, which governs the efficiency of thyroid gland. Thus, in the diet, enough selenium is very necessary for the functioning of the gland which is found in walnuts, almonds,etc..
Yoga Aasan for Thyroid
Yoga is an effective medium in today’s time to get rid of all diseases, so through yoga thyroid problem can also be solved. You get a lot of benefits from doing some relevant yog aasans, such as Bhujangasana, Meditation, Nadishodhan, Matsyasana, Brihmadra and Brihumdra.
Acupressure Point for Thyroid
Acupressure is also quite effective in thyroid. In the acupressure, the points of parathyroid and thyroid are present in the lower part of the thumb, feet and hands. You should suppress these points from left to right. Press each point for at least three minutes. Do this at least two alternatives times every day.
Precautions for thyroid patients.
Thyroid patients must avoid the use of rice, flour, pepper-spices, sour, cream, egg, excessive use of salt as much as you can. You can use black salt as an alternative to salt.